February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day Wreath - Tutorial

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  It's 9 degrees (feels like -11) here in Wisconsin :(  A couple of minutes ago it was snowing.  But I'm determined not to let that get in the way of a nice day with my hubby! 

I promised I would share a tutorial on how I made my own Valentine's Day Wreath, so that's what I'm here to do today.  I actually got the idea and instructions for this wreath from Linda @ It All Started With Paint. You can check out her tutorial if you like. It's a bit more detailed. If you want a quick overview....keep reading...




First, it's super important to have your little helper draw the heart outline for you.  We used a box for a 24 pack of Mountain Dew. 


After that, your helper will most likely be bored and disappear.  So go ahead and cut that heart shape out.  It doesn't have to be perfect.  As you can see, we had some mishaps.


Grab your tissue paper left over from Christmas. 


Cut a bunch of 3-inch strips.


Crinkle them up and then roll them up like a flower.   


Glue them with hot glue.  
This process takes a little bit before you get the hang of it.  Again, this doesn't have to be perfect.


I opted to use some of my red tissue paper to cover my heart.  You can do whatever you like for this. 
The hot glue your flowerets onto the heart.


Ta-da!


Like I said, this is a little tedious but it turned out great. 
Instead of hanging it, I found a nice chair to display this wreath.


Hope you all have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and enjoy reading each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!