April 12, 2013

The Spindle Leg End Table Redo - Before & After


I'm always amazed at how simple it is to spruce up my home with little effort. I guess it helps that I love painting furniture and re-purposing other odds & ends, but I sometimes can't believe it can be so cheap & easy. 

Take this little end table for example (...and this, this, & this). I think I paid $10 for it awhile back at a local thrift store. Ten bucks isn't too bad when you know it can look $50+. 




My before picture is embarrassing  I had this in my bathroom unprotected from moisture for the last year and it was pretty gross.  It's obvious I store my toilet paper rolls on the bottom shelf...Aaannd never dust. 




I had purchased some black Behr paint at Home Depot awhile back also. It was interior paint and not flat...so I bought it. I think it was $2.50 for a quart. This was the first project I used it on and I must say I love it. It's the ultra premium. I also used it on my black dresser redo - check that out here.




My favorite part about this little end table is the spindly legs. They are a pain to paint, but it is totally worth it.




I finished this end table with an Anne Sloan Clear Wax application and she was good to go.  The wax really helps protect it against the moisture in my bathroom. Now I just have to remember to dust it once in awhile. 

Linking to these parties...

4 comments:

  1. Love the design of the table---you picked a good piece! It's pretty unique. Great paint job too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. It was a sturdy, well built piece that I new would make a great addition to my other furniture collection!

      Delete
  2. Your table looks really nice! And $2.50 for a quart of paint is a steal! Thanks for sharing :)

    Bev at Give me a paintbrush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the paint was such a steal and totally by chance....I love it when that happens!

      Delete

I love comments and enjoy reading each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!