February 9, 2013

End Table -- Dressed In Grey Chalk Paint

 
Today I’m sharing an end table paint redo -- using the infamous Anne Sloan Chalk Paint. Just a little FYI: If you are in the market to refinish a piece of furniture for your home, definitely spend the extra on this paint. It’s fab.
 
IMG_1895

Fortunately, I took some before photos. This little end table is solid wood, but had some issues with water damage.
 
1.4
 
But I saw potential in this little guy and thought he’d be the perfect addition to my living room. So off to painting I went…
 
IMG_1894
 
No sanding is required. Just paint over the nasty. I’m loving the soft color. And I love it even more that there are no more water stains! 
 
Here’s an before & after up-close….
 
Grey End Table 
What do you think?
 
WHAT I USED
 
3/4 Anne Sloan French Linen
1/4 Anne Sloan Pure White
Anne Sloan Clear Soft Wax
 
Have a great day!
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh much prettier!! I adore chalk paint, the finish is so special :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I love the finish. I just wish I could pick a can up for $2 like I do at Home Depot in their "oops" section...lol

      Jessica

      Delete
  2. Looking good my friend!!! Thanks for sharing it at my party today.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! It's been awhile, but I'm glad to be back at your parties!

      Have a great day!
      Jessica

      Delete
  3. so cute!!! and i love the softer french linen color you created.... very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought a quart of ASCP and wax and need to get going on my furniture projects. Thanks so much for the fabulous inspiration!

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Have you used ASCP at all yet? I'm looking around for more stuff to redo...I think I'm addicted!

      Delete

I love comments and enjoy reading each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!